For Sale-Luxury Historic Inn & Wedding Chapel
[ Up ] [ Points of Interest ] [ Galveston's Economic Climate ] [ Fixtures and Building Components ]
Imagine yourself as an islander living in this elegant Historical property! Millions of visitors each year dream about living in this tropical setting called Galveston Island. You can be one of the fortunate island residents who live the fantasy.
1103 Thirty Third Street
Galveston Island, Texas 77550
View The Mermaid & The Dolphin's Web Site!
Located on beautiful Galveston Island, an Island Resort Community just 50 miles south of Houston, Galveston is Houston's #1 playground!
Explore the treasures it has to offer – 32 miles of beaches, relaxed atmosphere, abundant leisure activities, excellent medical facilities, first-rate restaurants, educational opportunities, a vibrant historic downtown and numerous attractions. Galveston has the amenities of a larger city but small town friendliness. Temperatures are moderate, so outdoor activities are enjoyable year-round.
• Circa 1866 Texas Governor's Summer Mansion and 1957 Wedding Chapel
• Lush, mature tropical gardens surround the estate (featured on HGTV.)
The Inn contains
• Approximately 11,540 sq. ft., 3 floors and verandahs
• Carriage House- Secret Gardens Suite-264 sq ft.
• Red Oak floors throughout inn
• Magnificent Chandeliers
• Many beautiful architectural details
• 8 Guest Suites all featuring Luxury Baths, Private Balconies or Garden Terraces, Private Jacuzzi Hot Tubs, Magnificent Beds, Fireplaces
• 4 Half Baths
• 12 Working Fireplaces, all gas burning
• Conservatory with year round indoor "endless" swimming pool
• Sun Decks
• Separate Owner’s Quarters, approximately 1900 sq. ft. with two private bath or can be separated into 2 apartments
• Gourmet Commercial 2 Cook's Kitchen, with full restaurant certification
• Formal Ballroom/Dining Facility with current seating for 36, could be easily expanded to 48
Historical inn, completely renovated 1997-2001 and more renovations in 2009.All new electrical system and
wiring. All new plumbing, supply lines, and plumbing fixtures. All new
natural gas lines. Commercial fire alarm system installed. Cable
TV, Stereo, Telephone and wireless networks throughout Inn. Individual
AC units throughout Inn allowing individual room cooling. Automatic
sprinkler systems throughout all gardens. Low maintenance!
The Wedding Chapel contains
• Approximately 3,149 sq. ft., 2 floors
• Hardwood floors and ceramic tiles throughout chapel
• Wired Speakers throughout
• Can easily hold 175 guests for event (current seating for 140)
• 3 Half Baths
• Central A/C and Heating (4 zoned units)
• Bridal Changing Room with private half bath
• Grooms Room
• Spa & Salon for Massages, Manicures, Pedicures and Hair Cuts and Styling
Chapel completely renovated 2009.
• Great Income Stream
• High Average Daily Room Rates: $224
• Untapped Potential- Restaurant/Dining, also Wedding Market, ceremonies and receptions and Spa & Salon.
The purchase price is for a "Turnkey" operation and includes furnishings, fixtures and equipment. Personal property/collections are excluded or offered as optional. Detailed inventory list will be provided to interested buyers.
Purchase price also includes all advertising, the business name, web domain name, licenses and permits. Proven track record, plus room for expansion; building out the attic lofts, and additional space on ground floor. The full income potential for this magnificent property has yet to be developed. Ballroom and banquet facility/wedding market untapped. Full restaurant certification by Health Department, with seating capacity of 36. Current owners have not developed the dining facility.
Purchaser required to have their own funding or conventional financing. Owner Financing may be possible with 50% down.
Strong Internet presence, View The Mermaid & The Dolphin's Web Site!
The owners are offering a liberal consulting/training package to help new innkeepers make a good transition.
Reason for selling: Owner wants to move closer to family
Priced at $1,500,000.00
Future sales price will be adjusted to reflect changes and capital improvements.
Serious inquiries only.
Confidential financial figures to qualified buyers at viewing only.
No figures will be given to casual inquiries over the Internet.
View The Mermaid & The Dolphin's Web Site